If you have any concerns about a child please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Raynsford Academy:
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Keeping Children Safe
Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent Is Everyone's Business
Every school must have a Child Protection Policy - often referred to as the school's Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school's work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of your school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school's commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Additional Support can be obtained from:
- CBC Access and Referral (including Early Help): 0300 300 8585
- CBC Social Care out of hours: 0300 3008123
- Local Safeguarding Children's Board: Luton LSCB 01582 547590
NSPCC: 0800 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Kidscape anti bullying parent helpline: 0207 823 5430
‘Together, we can tackle child abuse’ – Department for Education campaign which aims to encourage members of the public to report any concerns of child abuse and neglect
Raynsford Academy is delighted to say that a recent Safeguarding audit judged the school to be outstanding in this area.
"Leadership and staff, as part of the verification process, have clearly evidenced through both policy and practice that all the areas in the three safeguarding zones have clearly been met at an outstanding level."
Safeguarding is not just about protecting children from deliberate harm. It presents schools with a wide range of issues that they need to be prepared for.
Safety on the Web
Raynsford Academy encourages parents and children to visit the CEOP www.thinkuknow.co.uk to keep you and your friends safe with Hector Protector and his friends. Security on our computer system is a high priority because there are so many users.
Please click the links below to go straight to this site:
Other useful websites
FREE Online Safety Course for Parents
Presented by Myleene Klass
In this exclusive FREE course, follow Myleene as she takes you through online safety risks for each age group, and how to tackle them.