At Raynsford it is our aim to raise standards by promoting a school Christian ethos, which is underpinned by core values. These values support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring environment.
We give regular thought to how values can be used to support the child as a reflective learner and promote quality teaching and learning.
In our society, children are increasingly encouraged through advertising to think of happiness as something which can be found simply in the material world. They are generally encouraged to experience life in a world which is external to their inner selves.
As a school community we believe that the ethos of the school should be built on a foundation of Gospel values.
Our Value for March is Forgiveness
“Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32)
- Everyone makes mistakes, it’s part of being human.
- Sometimes our mistakes hurt others and then we need to say sorry.
- Sometimes mistakes made by other people hurt us. When this happens we need to be able to forgive.
- Forgiveness can be difficult and costly but without it a new start is impossible.
- Jesus, on the cross, demonstrated this when he said “Father forgive them…”
“An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind” Mahatma Ghandi
Prayer for March
Father, bless us with the wonderful power of forgiveness.
Help us to unconditionally forgive those who have done us wrong.
Give us strength to let go of resentments and not to store up grudges.
Help us to forgive ourselves when we have done wrong, knowing that you have already forgiven us.
Free us from all anger, bitterness and hate.