In this Section
At Raynsford it is our aim to raise standards by promoting a school Christian ethos, which is underpinned by core values. These values support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring environment.
We give regular thought to how values can be used to support the child as a reflective learner and promote quality teaching and learning.
In our society, children are increasingly encouraged through advertising to think of happiness as something which can be found simply in the material world. They are generally encouraged to experience life in a world which is external to their inner selves.
As a school community we believe that the ethos of the school should be built on a foundation of Gospel values.
Our Value for April is Service
- Service is helping those in need whoever they are as demonstrated in the parable of The Good Samaritan
- Service is ‘going the extra mile’ without looking for reward for ourselves
- Service is putting ourselves out for the benefit of another person
- Service is giving a ‘helping hand’
- Jesus said “I did not come to be served, but to serve (Matthew 20.28)
Prayer for April
Thank you for the many different skills, gift and qualities you have given us.
Help us to serve others with willing hands, with generous hearts and with kind words.
Use our eyes and ears to notice how others serve us and remind us to show our gratitude and thanks to our teachers, helpers in school, our parents and our friends.
In serving others in love, may we also serve you.